Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Horse Show Prep

Donna the Dodge now has a new friend, Carl the Camper


No, I have not in fact been riding my horses. :| 

But, Bf and I recently acquired this sweet truck bed camper! There isn't water or a bathroom but the bed area is pretty decent (6" less than a full..not big by any means) and it is pretty roomy inside! 


$500 later and I won't have to have a hotel ever again (even if I may want to haha). We actually decided to find something like this because our local country music festival is coming up and we didn't want to tent camp on the venue. We figured we would just rent a camp trailer but at $100+ a night we thought we might see what we could find. Because our truck is a long bed (8 ft), and most teeny camper trailers are 13 ft, we figured we'd save the hitch to pull a trailer and just get a tuck bed camper. 



We have some cosmetic updates to make and hopefully will be installing an air conditioning unit on the roof but for the time being I'm pretty stoked with how solid this is. 


Any ideas for what to keep stocked 24/7 in this bad boy? I'm thinking first aid, some cook wear, and emergency clothes.

7 comments:

  1. Super cool! Will be awesome at shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pots/pans/dishes/cutlery, Towels, hot pads, matches, (small) propane tanks, extra blankets. :) That's all that's coming to mind right now! You'll have fun with it!

    (Dollar store's & thrift stores are AWESOME to go to to kit out your camper.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great deal. I've thought about getting one of these, but I would want the bathroom more than anything else.

    ReplyDelete