On Sunday I turned 20. Im no longer a teenager and adulthood gave me a big wake up call.
Ill begin a series of posts about what my life was the past few months, but that isn't what today is about.
I always wanted to blog for me. To reflect. Validate my feelings and tell my stories. Ideally, someone would find them entertaining or relateable. If not, thats ok.
I had a great set of supporters on here and I truely miss them dearly. I fee like I have so much to say and no where to begin so Ill just make a list of the 20 thoughts Ive had after turning 20.
1. Life is what you make it. Shit gets thrown your way and its up to you to decide how to respond.
2. Having a mental illness makes life difficult but you have to accept it and find ways to get through it.
3. Ultimately, you are responsible for yourself and your own happiness.
4. Great friends help you get through life. However you need to learn when a friendship is only about them.
5. Dont forget about those friends that have seemed to fade away. Make effort into every relationship.
6. If you want it, you have to make it happen yourself.
7. You know what is good for you. Do it, but admit when you made a mistake.
8. My life will always be on the back of a horse.
9. Everything happens for a reason.
10. Credit card debt is a fact of life. Don't rely on it or use it for stupid things.
11. Your mental health comes first, but dont be fooled into letting it control you.
12. You live with your consequences.
13. Take the risk, it either works out or you learn a good lesson.
14. You can't predict everything. Don't dwell on the past.
15. Find beauty in everyday things.
16. Karma exists. Do everything good you can.
17. You can't make everyone happy. You can only make yourself happy.
18. Make the most of everyday.
19. Sleep is important, but you really dont need 12 hours every night.
20. Being an adult sucks. But Ive made it this far so lets keep on truckin.