Friday, May 20, 2016

Pony Update


Wednesday I had another glorious ride on Princess Ries. The footing in the arena was terrible so I watered a twenty meter section. Despite the limited space he was amazing. We worked more on collection and extension in the trot which he is really getting good at. I also was able to sit some trot! In the canter since our transitions aren't trash anymore I focused on first getting a long loose canter and then collecting up to get some "jump" in his step. We got about three good jump steps tracking right and tracking left I had to focus on loosening him up so nothing really exciting there. 

Unfortunately yesterday started the downpour for the weekend. Rain + limited time because of house sitting just isn't optimal pony time. Dressage Festival is this weekend and I will be volunteering there as well as getting my #buttcloud fitted to Ries better. 

Love seeing progress! 

4 comments:

  1. He wants to eat the kitty :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hashtag is killing me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds busy busy! enjoy volunteering at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been raining so much here too! Stinks for actually getting to ride. I hope volunteering was fun!

    ReplyDelete